Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happiness is a choice



I have been waiting to put down my thoughts about something for a while now. The something we all try to find in everything we do “Happiness”.The ink in which we want each of our memories to be written in.  A meaningful derivation we want in our lives.

The title of this post is a line from a TV show called “Monk”. I guess the reason this line stayed with me was partly because I was dissatisfied with my work for some time then; which we all are at one point of time or the other. It just stuck with me since then; has been part of my email signature for a long time. The point that I am trying to make is, we are all crushed by unhappiness in different walks of life that springs from stress, anger, fear, trouble, rejection, vulnerability or anything we perceive as distress. Most often we are also not in control of the situations that we find ourselves in and we try our best to not subjugate to these situations. No matter how compelling unhappiness is in the face of such harsh times, we always have a choice to look the other way, a choice of happiness. It may be a difficult choice but definitely a worthy choice.

I share this today with everyone, because I just want to pass it on. Who knows, it may just stick with some of you starting now. Life is never easy and may be thats what makes living it a worthy choice; then why not be happy about it so long as its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment